Saturday 16 April 2016

Claudia - Final image 1

Claudia 

I have based Claudia's look on her disorder and personality, I wanted to show her sadness and loneliness through the makeup design. Her scars and cuts show her pain though self harm and her eyes and cheek bones are darkened and more defined. As Claudia has an imaginary boyfriend; I wanted to show some of her passion and desire for someone to care for by curling her hair into goldilocks style curls and waves, the inspiration for this came for the hair style of one of the other witches who star in AHS Coven. She has light blonde highlighted hair in loose waves, this reflects her free spirit and kind natured personality. 

Below are my two chosen face charts; I have selected two that have the same makeup style, I will be using the same makeup products except for the second one I will be using blood eye drops. I have previously asked the model if she is okay with eye drops and I have tested them on her and myself, but I made two face charts for security. 

What I used: 
  • Kryolan foundation 
  • Kryolan concealer
  • Illamasqua powder 
  • Mac eye shadow palette 
  • Kryolan Collodion 
  • Kryolan tuplast 
  • Makeup brushes 
  • Stipple sponge 
  • Bloodymarvelous Thick Blood
  • Kryolan blood eye drops 
  • MUA red lipstick
  • Kryolan Supercolour palette   
  • Kryolan satin Primer
  • Illamasqua white base  
  • Fullers earth 
  • Mac Gel
  • Rimmel lipliner pink and red tones 1-5
  • Barrier foam 
I first assessed the models skin for any contraindications and prepped the skin using cleanser, toner and moisturiser, I then applied a satin based primer for added glow to the skin. I used foundation and white base on the face, neck, ears and upper chest, I added setting powder and darkened the cheekbones, forehead, neck, nose and temples with mac eye shadow, with brown and grey. This was to darken the face and to make the character look worn down and weak. I darkened her eyes with eye shadow and built on the colour using colours from the super colour palette, I used blue, red and black to give a tired eye effect. I slightly darkened the eye brows and used mac gel to shape them.

 Once the base was finished I applied small amounts of barrier foam to the areas that I ill apply collodion. I then used pink Rimmel pencil to on a scar on either side of the models face, I then went over the lines with collodion in 5 layers. This created a pink scar that looked effective and old. I also used tuplast on the bottom of the models chin, and then used large and small stipple sponges to crate the small scratches on the lower face and neck. I added more smaller scars to the face using blood and pencil. I then used lipstick and blood on the lips o gove them a shine and dark colour. 

I used curing tongs on the models hair, about half ay up an then ends. I left the curls in sections and added hairspray and fullers earth, this was to make the character look dusty from staying in all the time due to her disorder. I Then added the hat to make the character become one of the witches. 







The bright light used in these images doesn't show the full effect of the makeup, her skin is too bright and some of the detail is lost. 







I am pleased with the scars I was able to create using Collodion; I added the product over a line drawn in red or pink pencil, and layered the collodion in5 layers. 







Conclusion
I am happy with the outcome of my design, the makeup worked well on the models skin and I matched the colours to my planning and ideas well. I am pleased that I have managed to take two sets of images, some with eye drops and some without to get the full effect of before and after. I was able to use the model I had planned to use and she worked well within the look I was creating. I made her skin pale and darkened her cheekbones, contour areas; including the forehead and neck and added blood and scars to her lower neck. I then used eye drops in and around the eyes the give the effect of crying blood. I used the hat to enable the character to fit in with AHS Coven, and I think this was well executed. To improve my design I could add more scars using collodion as these were the most effective, and add some more cuts using tuplast for a range of skills shown. I finished this design in 2 hours, staring with the hair and finishing with the makeup.  


No comments:

Post a Comment