Friday 22 April 2016

Quentin - Final Image 2

Quentin 

I have based this look on the Voodoo people in AHS Coven, I have created the character as Claudia's imaginary boyfriend.

This look comes from the African Voodoo background that is described in the series, I have created this character to look like he his turning into a voodoo doll. I have used real bandage material to create the new skin that is forming, this idea is taken from my inspirational word 'bandages'.    

What I used:
  • Kryolan foundation palette 
  • Kryolan supercolour palette 
  • makeup brushes 
  • makeup sponges
  • stipple sponge 
  • Bloodymarvelous thick blood 
  • bloodymarvelous wound filler - scab 
  • bandages 
  • pin 
  • large black button 
  • Kryolan spirit gum 
  • Kryolan spirit gum remover 
  • fullers earth 









Conclusion
I was happy with the outcome of my makeup design, and even though I found it hard to use the material with some of the makeup products, I spent a lot of time experimenting with using the bandage material to get the most effective look. I enjoy using the special effects products because I am able to be more creative with my ideas and the application. I spent the time to practice the design on myself and practice on my face charts to put my ideas into practice, this made the assessment day relaxed because I was focused on the design and had prepared. The makeup and hair took approximately 1 hour and a half, I was pleased with this because I didn't have to rush or make extra time. If I could do this design again with improvements I would use more blood to show the freshness if the developing skin, I would also have used more supercolour tones around the eye to show tiredness and added extra skin to the models upper chest. 

Final Images






No comments:

Post a Comment