Friday 1 April 2016

Experimenting with bandages - Quentin

Experimenting with bandages - Quentin 

What I used:
  • Bloody marvellous wound filler 
  • Bandages 
  • string
  • Kryolan spirit gum 
  • Bloody marvellous thick blood 
  • Kryolan spirit gum remover 
  • Kryolan supercolour 
  • makeup brushes 
  • makeup blending sponge 
  • Kryolan barrier foam 
Method 
  • prepare the skin - cleanse, tone, moisturise and apply a barrier foam to the skin 
  • apply black and red supercolour to the skin; where the gap in the bandages will be 
  • stick on the bandage with string already threaded through the holes, using spirit gum 
  • using a sponge, stipple on red and black supercolour to the inner part of the bandages and the section that mets the skin
  • apply blood and more colours to give a realistic effect 
  • darken the string

The bandage I used for this practice was a thinker one than I intend to use for the real design on my model, this is because the bandage is so thick it shows up too much above the skin. Unless I can experiment with different products to get the smoothest finish, I will use a thin bandage material over the nose and mouth and round the neck.

The first four pictures show the design without any blood, I then added thick blood and let it drip down my arm, I will do this and add more to the design on my model.













No comments:

Post a Comment