Thursday 17 March 2016

Colouring Gelatine moulds-scars

Colouring Gelatine Moulds-scars 

What I used:
  • prothetic glue - prosade contact glue, tough, moves with the prosthetic
  • pro clean oil to remove 
  • ready made scars from gelatine 
  • super colour Kryolan 
  • Stipple sponge 
  • blending sponge 
  • makeup brushes 
  • wound filler 
  • pus 
  • bruise wheel 
  • witch hazel 
  • powder for the moulds to stop them sticking 
Health and safety: 
  • Ensure the model has no contraindications 
  • take an allergy test on the model before any application 
  • cover the model's clothes 
  • never mix the colours 
  • wash brushes before and after use 
  • take care when pulling off the gelatine mould 
  • clean the skin after  
I used super colour and sponges to create the look for this scar, I needed to spend more time using witch hazel to bend the edges. I was happy with the colours I used and the products I used inside the cut; the colours I used where mainly reds and black, I wanted to create a more blue tone in the centre to show the veins of the character, and I bleed the colours out further own the arm to show the redness of the blood vessels against the skin.    


I added wound filler to the middle of the cut to show an old and burnt effect, I also added pus and blue supercolour to give the effect of a real inside of an arm. Next time I will use blood and fill the centre to make it look fresh, I will also spend more time melting out the edges of the gelatine soul dot make it flush with the skin, this will ensure a more realist look.  



No comments:

Post a Comment