Saturday 12 March 2016

CONTINUITY PICTURES 2 and second assessment 10.03.16

Continuity Pictures 2 and second assessment 

What I used: 
  • Cleanser, toner and moisturiser 
  • Latex
  • Kryolan primer 
  • Kryolan foundation palette 
  • Kryolan concealer palette
  • Kryolan super colour palette 
  • Makeup brushes 
  • Makeup bending sponges
  • Hairspray
  • Coconut oil 
  • Dry shampoo
  • Fine tooth comb and brushes
  • hair dryer 
  • small curling tongs    
During the first part of my assessment on 03.03.16, I had already undergone a health and safety test on the skin for using latex. This time I was clear on what was okay for jack's skin, so I checked it for any contraindications for example; spots, bad or broken skin and any new blemishes that need to be covered. 

I had my set of instructions and continuity pictures for this assessment so I could be sure with applying the makeup and styling the hair to look the same. Overall I was pleased with the outcome of my design because I think, looking back at the continuity pictures, I managed to recreate the look well in terms of continuity.   

The hair
To ensure I made the hair look the same for this weeks assessment, I had my continuity pictures to hand, this made it easier to recreate the design. Even though I used the same technique and size curling tongs, the hair style looks slightly different; the size of the curls is slightly smaller and flatter, there is less volume on the hair and the parting is less neat. I put the parting in the same place but  used less product, this made the smaller hairs stand up instead of smoothing down. Overall I was pleased with the design because I used the same products and the same techniques and I managed to recreate the design I wanted but it was  less structured which was disappointing.    
  











No comments:

Post a Comment