Sunday 20 March 2016

Quentin face charts

Quentin 

Face Charts  


This idea came from the symbols (veve's) that represent the spirits of Voodoo. I have chosen to take a sample from the veve of Papa Legba, this is because he is a major role in the series of Coven AHS and has a strong influence on the leader of the voodoo community Marie Laveau. In my idea I thought this symbol would be able to represent the loyalty he has to voodoo and by wearing it on his skin he shows the community he is involved in. I wanted the symbol to be roughly drawn on his face, as if he had done it himself with his finger, but I will practice other variations of the design and make a stencil to ensure precision and aid continuity.   


I wanted this design to represent death, this idea comes from the makeup of Pap Legba. I have used a sponge to blend out the edges and create a smudged skull, this is to link with the makeup from the coven series in the male voodoo community. 


This idea is also based on death, but I have used a more precise design to create a skull, I want this design to look like he has drawn it on himself, but I will make a stencil to enable a look I can repeat and practice with. 


This design was also taken from the symbol of Papa Legba, I have selected a different area of the symbol and placed it twice. I wanted to use the symbol in the design, so I played around with the shapes. For this I will also make stencils to get a precise shape.  

No comments:

Post a Comment