Thursday 4 February 2016

Hair, Early Victorian design 04.02.16

Early Victorian Design 

What I used: 
  • Large brush 
  • pin tail comb 
  • hair grips
  • hair tye 
  • can use gel or wax 
  • thin curling tings 
  • clips 


During this lesson, I leant how to style my Kate dolls hair to the early Victorian stye, I sectioned the hair into three parts, two at the front and one large section at the back. I then used a comb to brush the hair forward to give it the Victorian look. At the back of the head I created a tight plaited bun, and the looser sections of hair at the front then pinned back into the bun to create a gab as shown below for the ear to poke through.    






For this design, I used the same style of bun at the back of the hair, but I used small tongs to curl the front sections of the hair, thankfully my Kate doll has very short hair so it worked very well with this look. I was pleased with the finished look to my design, but I think next time I will try and neaten up the curls and the bun at the back to make sure it stays in with the neat and structured Victorian style, this can be accomplished with hair wax or gel.







No comments:

Post a Comment