Tuesday 16 February 2016

sweat, parlour, tears and fever

Sweat, Parlour, Tears and Fever 

Health and safety:
  • When using alcohol mixed with super colour, avoid the eye area and always have the eyes closed 
  • prepare the skin before application 
  • always ensue the client has no allergies, do an allergy test for latex
  • hen using eye drops for tears ensure the client has no contact lenses in or infectious eyes 
What I used:
  • Kryolan concealer palette
  • Kryolan red lips palette 
  • Kryolan supercolour palette 
  • makeup brushes, small and large 
  • glycerine for sweat, makeup sweat formula can be used also 
  • stipple sponges 
  • stipple type brush for splashing colour 
  • white base for a pale complexion 
  • latex for dry lips, can also use old age stipple
  • water 
  • alcohol, for mixing colours and blending 
  • vasaline for a shiny complexion 
  • moisturiser, cleanser and toner 
This look I have created today is subtle but effective. I have found that mixing colours and trying to achieve the perfect colour for a blotchy and red complexion is best found by experimenting, the right colour depends on the original colour of the skin of the client. I was pleased with the outcome of my makeup look because I think it looks effective and realistic. I started off by reddening the skin using super colour palette and a stipple sponge, this sponge works best because it applies small amount of colour that resembles burst blood vessels. I also put red on the ears and around the eyes for a tired look. I added red to the nose to imitate an ill look, and also down the neck to keep the flow of colour going. 

I then used latex on the lips to make them look dry, I found it difficult to get the colour right after latex was applied to the lips, I wanted the look to be realistic and so matched the colour to a natural one. I used glycerine and a stipple sponge to dab on small amounts of sweat; glycerine work well as it is a thick substance so will stay on the face, this product is more effective than water as water will run off the face. For an even sweatier look, water can be applied to the clothes under the arms and down the next to make the character look wet. Water can also be used to flatten the hair and make it stick to the face. 
To ensure a good continuity look, cover any spots or blemishes on the face with a foundation base, a next time the look needs to be created the spots may not be there.

when working with male skin, less makeup is needed and a matte primer can be applied to get rid of any shine; as no powder will be used due to the effect wanted. If there is dry skin or overly big spots ensure the camera operators know not to show the side with the big spot. Throughout this makeup application I was using dabbing, feathering and gently using my fingers to make sure the colours of each makeup looks realistic and the texture is perfect, I like the way using a stipple sponge gets a rash effect on the skin, it also makes the cheeks and nose look like realistic hurts vessels. 





These images show the start of the makeup process, I used red on the eye area and started on the cheeks. 

I used latex on the lips to make them look dry and cracked, next time i will improve on the colour of the lip for a natural finish






I added the glycerine for a sweaty inch and more red on the cheeks, chin and eye, I finished with a spray of water to make the hair stick to her face 





No comments:

Post a Comment