Sunday 28 February 2016

Painted face, face chart 8

Painted face idea 

  • obvious brush strokes
  • lots of colour and shades, tonal range 
  • use dark brown to shape the face and make shadow 
  • mixture of colours but up to make a painting stye design  
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/534872893225004675, viewed 10.02.16, digital image

I admire the way the artist has used dark and light colours to enhance the models' cheek bone, and contoured the nose, although it is an obvious way of doing it, the shadow and light effect is effective.  

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/534872893225004675, viewed 10.02.16, digital image

I chose to look at this image because there is a good use of colour; the contrast from lighter pink shades and black makes a striking design, especially under the chin and around the back of her neck.

This face chart below shows my idea for creating a more in-depth look, making the brush strokes of each colour obvious, I have used latex to created an aged look and added colour over the top. Although this look is something I wanted to do, I think for continuity this look might prove to be too difficult, I will practice this design to fit in the time frame and the quality of the assessment.  


No comments:

Post a Comment