Tuesday 16 February 2016

Red eyes!

Red Eyes!


This is an image of eye drops that I have bought to use for my assessment, I want to incorporate this into my ideas because I think the eyes are an important part of being human, if there is something different or not meant to be there it makes the overall look more fearful. To give a real evil monstrous effect, I want to use the blood in the eye and then to trickle some down the face to make the eyes look sad like the soul is crying. I think this concept works well with my Dorian Gray makeup theme, as the story behind Dorian Gray is one that is about the soul. It also fits in with the Victorian era; many people of this time had illnesses and diseases that didn't have cures so would only get worse, Rubella is something that was suffered from during this time. If Rubella is left and there is so sign of a cure, the person could develop a bad case of conjunctivitis which causes the eyes to go bright red. Below are some examples of using eye blood from Kryolan.  

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subconjunctival_hemorrhage
http://my-childish-fears.deviantart.com/art/Blood-in-My-Eyes-269417263

No comments:

Post a Comment